Can Dental Bonding Improve My Smile?
If minor imperfections, such as chips or stains, are making you reluctant to smile, you may benefit from dental bonding. The strong tooth-colored resin can conceal imperfections while matching the natural color and luster of your teeth. The doctors at Navid Family Dental & Associates in Peabody, MA, offer dental bonding along with a full range of cosmetic treatments. We have proudly served the Peabody community since 1982 and look forward to helping you achieve your best smile.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Patients who undergo this cosmetic treatment can enjoy:
- A quick procedure: There is no need for outside lab work and the entire dental bonding procedure can be completed within one visit.
- A minimally invasive treatment: Compared to other options to conceal imperfections, such as dental crowns and porcelain veneers, dental bonding requires little to no removal of enamel, meaning you can retain the health and natural structure of your tooth. Dental bonding is also reversible.
- An affordable treatment: Dental bonding treatments cost just a fraction of the price necessary to create even a single veneer.
- Natural-looking results: Our clinic uses precisely shaded tooth-colored bonding material that will closely match your natural teeth. Once the composite has been placed, it will be gently reshaped so it is flush with the surrounding surface.
In addition to an enhanced appearance, some patients could also experience improved oral health. For example, chips and cracks can place a patient at higher risk for cavities, infections, and dental sensitivity.
Are You a Candidate?
During your consultation with one of our dentists, we will determine if your cosmetic blemishes can be addressed with dental bonding.
Candidates for dental bonding often have:
- Chips or cracks on their teeth
- Gaps in their smile
- Small teeth
- Worn teeth
- Discolored teeth that do not respond to whitening
- Irregularly shaped teeth
We will discuss all of the treatments available to you during your initial consultation. If your primary goal is to achieve the most lifelike results possible, you might want to consider investing in veneers.
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
Once one of our doctors has shade-matched the dental bonding material to your natural teeth, the tooth will be cleaned. Next, we will apply an etching chemical to roughen its surface and ensure a strong bond. The resin will then be applied to the treatment area before being molded into the desired shape. A special curing light will then be used to speed up the hardening process. The final step involves polishing the hardened resin to ensure it conforms to the surrounding tooth and does not interfere with the patient’s bite.
Dental bonding is affordable, reversible, and can be completed within one visit.
For those who have difficulty relaxing in the dentist's chair, we offer nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation to help patients feel relaxed throughout the process.
Enhance Your Smile in One Visit
Dental bonding is a quick and affordable treatment for minor cosmetic blemishes. Although the procedure is relatively affordable, our clinic also accepts CareCredit® and LendingClub® financing and offers affordable in-house financing plans. If you are ready to enjoy the many benefits of an attractive smile, contact our office online today or call (978) 532-5550.