Understanding the Cost of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns typically cost between $500 and $2,000, depending on factors such as the materials used to create your restoration. Dr. Shahram Navid at Navid Family Dental in Peabody, MA, invites you to learn more about what affects the cost of dental crowns. His team can work directly with your insurance provider to maximize coverage. We also offer convenient financing to help you budget for any out-of-pocket expenses.
Dental Crown Cost Factors
When restoring your smile with a dental crown, there are several factors that can affect the overall cost of treatment, including:
- Preliminary procedures: Root canal therapy often requires a crown following treatment. In other instances, periodontal treatment may be required before any restorative work can be performed. Preliminary procedures add to the total cost of treatment, but insurance will typically cover at least a portion of these expenses.
- Number of crowns needed: In simplest terms, the more crowns you need, the more you can expect your treatment to cost.
- Whether implants are used: Dental implants themselves can cost between $1,000 and $3,000. They are rarely covered by insurance. Most patients who choose to replace a single lost tooth with an implant-supported crown can expect to pay for the implant out-of-pocket.
- Sedation options: Many of our patients prefer sedation when undergoing dental treatment. This helps to alleviate any anxiety, providing a more comfortable experience overall. We offer nitrous oxide and oral conscious sedation. Oral conscious sedation is the more expensive option, but it provides deeper relaxation.
- Materials used: Today, crowns can be made from one of several high-quality materials, such as metal, ceramic, and zirconia. Each material has unique advantages. Zirconia, for example, is the strongest material used in dentistry. It also achieves a natural-looking appearance. However, zirconia is more costly than ceramic or metal. Most insurance plans will contribute to at least a portion of the cost of your crown, regardless of the material used.
We provide both in-network and out-of-network care to accommodate our patients.
At our practice, we accept all major dental insurances, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Delta Dental, and Guardian. We provide both in-network and out-of-network care to accommodate our patients. In most cases, out-of-network coverage can actually work to your advantage!
Discounts and Financing
We firmly believe that every individual should have access to the quality dental services they deserve. That is why we offer:
- In-house membership plans: We are proud to provide our patients with in-office membership plans. When you pay an annual fee, you are eligible to receive examinations, cleanings, and x-rays at no cost. In addition, the most common dental procedures are available at a reduced rate.
- Financing through LendingClub: To help with out-of-pocket costs, we also offer third-party financing through LendingClub. With this option, patients can pay for their treatment in monthly installments.
Contact Us to Learn More
Often, the cost of dental care can be intimidating. We strive to provide cost transparency and flexible financing options. To learn more, call our office at (978) 705-6898 or contact us online anytime.