A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that a periodontist places into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants are ideal for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, injury or other reason.
Dental implants are so natural-looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth! Under proper conditions, such as placement by a skilled periodontist and good maintenance, implants can last a lifetime. Sedation options are often provided to ensure your comfort. Plus, they can be done in just one day!
Dental implants can:
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
There are many advantages to dental implants over dentures or a bridge as a solution to missing teeth:
- Esthetic - Dental implants really look and feel like your own teeth! Since they integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often accompany bridgework and dentures.
- Tooth-saving - Dental implants don't sacrifice the quality of your adjacent teeth like a bridge because neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched...a significant long-term benefit to your oral health!
- Confidence - Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence. They are secure and offer freedom from the irksome clicks and wobbles of dentures, and eliminate worries about misplaced dentures and messy pastes and glues.
- Reliability - The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are widely considered to be an excellent option for tooth replacement.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (978) 666-4318, or schedule online by clicking here.