Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants is rarely covered by insurance. In general, dental implants themselves typically cost between $1,000 and $3,000, with factors such as the number of implants used, preliminary procedures required, and the use of sedation influencing the final cost. Dr. Shahram Navid in Peabody, MA, offers financing plans to help make implants affordable on virtually any budget.
Dental Implant Cost Factors
The amount you can expect to pay for restoring your smile with dental implants will be affected by:
- Preliminary procedures: In some cases, patients may require preparatory procedures before placing implants. This may include bone grafts, gum grafts, extractions, or other types of restorative work.
- Number of implants needed: The more implants a patient receives, the higher the cost will be. Therefore, someone having a single implant and crown placed will pay significantly less than an individual receiving a full implant-supported denture, which requires multiple posts on each arch.
- Type of abutments: Once an implant has fused to the bone, an abutment must be placed. This tiny device extends just beyond the gum line and connects to the restorations. These can be made from a variety of materials. A zirconia abutment, for example, will cost more than a titanium abutment.
- Type of sedation: Many patients choose to undergo sedation to make them more comfortable and relaxed during placement surgery. Individuals can choose from nitrous oxide or oral conscious sedation. Oral conscious sedation provides deeper relaxation, and is the costlier option.
- Cost of restorations: The size of your restoration and the material used will have a major influence on the cost of your treatment. For example, an acrylic denture will cost far less than a zirconia denture.
The cost of restoring your smile with dental implants can vary dramatically depending on your specific needs.
In general, you can expect that at least a portion of the cost of your restorations and preparatory work such as extractions or gum disease treatment will qualify for some coverage. We accept all major dental insurances at our practice. Our team is ready to help you optimize your coverage. We will speak with your insurance provider on your behalf and file all necessary paperwork.
Discounts and Third-Party Financing
At Navid Family Dental, we believe that everyone should have access to the quality dental care they want and deserve. We provide options to help place this treatment within your budget:
- In-house membership plans: In addition to accepting all major insurance plans, we also offer a membership plan that gives patients discounts on a variety of services.
- LendingClub: We also offer third-party financing through LendingClub, which can help cover out-of-pocket costs. Using this option, patients can make monthly payments that fit their budget.
Contact Us to Learn More
The surest way to gain an understanding of how much you can expect to pay for treatment with dental implants is to schedule a consultation at our practice. During an initial consultation, your doctor can explain your treatment options and projected fees in detail. Contact us online anytime or call our office at (978) 705-6898 today.